|Interested? Contact us|
There are a lot of tours and excursions throughout Amsterdam. There are many good guides but the demand is so big that there people guiding who do not know the city and its history. www.joodsamsterdam.nl offers guides tours through the Jewish history of this city, guided by a local. What is different about our tours?
1. You are guided by a local historian who is writing for over a decade about the Jewish history of this city and is conducting research about this history,
2. The tours are “of the beaten track“, Jewish Amsterdam had more to offer than the traditional highlights.
3. We can make custom-made tours. However, we do need preparation time for that.
4. In Dutch, English and German,
5. We are the website that other guides use for their information.
6. Small private groups, 10 persons max.
Which tours are possible directly?
Tour 1 / Amsterdam Centre and East
This tour starts on the Frederiksplein. You will be guided through this part of the city, we go to the New Canals (Jewish part) and we will end where the tour started. This tour takes 90 minutes.
Tour 2 / Amsterdam Centre and Plantage
Besides the history there is also a highlight on the small Jewish entrepeneur. The tour starts at the Joodse Schouwburg on the Plantage Middenlaan and ends at the statue of Spinoza near the Staalstraat. 90 minutes.
Tour 3 / from Montelbaan to Hollandse Schouwburg
A guides tour that starts where it all began, near the Montelbaanstoren. We see important locations of the history of Jewish Amsterdam and we end at the Plantage Middenlaan near the Hollandse Schouwburg. 90 minutes.
Tour 4 / Highlights of Jewish Amsterdam
The highlights of Jewish Amsterdam in a one hour tour. Begin and end near the Waterlooplein, it can be combined with a visit to the Jewish Museums.
Tour 5 / Monnickendam
This tour can be combined with one of the other tours and showes the traces of Jewish life in a town near the former Zuiderzee.
Tours in Rotterdam
We also have tours in Rotterdam. More information.
These tours are available for small groups. You will be guided by a historian and the narrative will be with an historical background. Mail for more information of for the pricing, and if you have special wishes.
There are openings in august 2017.